Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Graphite Transfer Paper

I have been asked by people who visit my studio what I use to transfer my stained glass patterns with. Most assume it's the commonly used means of transferring material "carbon paper".

Carbon paper works fine to transfer your pattern but if you need to erase it this is nearly impossible. Graphite paper on the other hand works just as well for transfers but it also can be removed with an eraser.
In an earlier post I showed how a pattern is created using folds. The transfer paper used here is also graphite.

Graphite paper is used by woodworkers needing to recreate a pattern or template on wood and again is easily removed as compared to carbon paper. Graphite paper is available in rolls and large sheets from most art supply stores and online merchants.

Bienfang Graphite Transfer Paper 20 in. x 26 in. sheet each

No comments: